-->

26 April 2015

Editing your Blog Tricks, CSS, Free customisable Widgets + more! | Easy Guide for beginners

Hey guys. What's up?
Today I'm going to be sharing some blogging tricks, CSS and html help for beginners + more in this post. I know that when I was quite new to blogging last year- I wished that some one would make these types of posts to help; so I decided to help you guys by making this. So Lets just get started.

Helpful CSS codes
 How can I add these to my blog or website?
All you need to do is find the CSS section on your blogging platform. On blogger it is currently in Customise > Advanced. Once you have found it simply copy and paste the codes you want to use there.
 Centre Align your header
 #header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;

Remove image Borders
a img  
{  
border: none;  
}  
 
Free Customisable widgets
I'll quickly tell you guys about this amazing site which is free when you use standard features on it which are still great. The sites called GetSiteControl. It allows you to get free widgets such as sharing options and subscribing to your blog. All you have to do to install them is add in the one time code next to a <body/> tag and you're done. From then on you can add as many widgets as you like without editing your html one bit. This is great if your not especially skilled in editing and reading html- like me.

Free Blogger Templates
Sora templates- free high quality templates. Downloadable.

How to upload a brought or free blog template that won't upload?
This is a question which I've figured the answer to just from playing about with my new blog templates file. It turns out you can't upload an entire zip file to get your template so all you have to do is pick out the file that simply has the name of the template in that zip file. Put it somewhere you can find easily. when you upload it; upload that file not the entire zip file. That might of sounded confusing- if you still don't understand and your having problems comment below and I'll see if I can help you.

Free Cute and cool things for your blog
Many sites offer cute widgets and icons free for your use. I'll list a few below so you can play around with them.

Shabby blogs- Backgrounds, header, post pretties + more
Linkwithin- add the 'you may also like' to your site.

Free Stock Photos
You can check out my free stock photos post here. I'm always updating it so be sure to bookmark the page.

Hope this helped.

8 comments:

  1. So helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome c: Glad it helped someone..

      Delete
  2. This helped me soooo much, I am so so grateful! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Nice article, I didn't know "getsitecontrol" but thanks because it's gonna be very helpful for my blog! About Sora templates, my titles and the 'continue reading' aren't showing up on the desktop version. By any chance, do you know how to solve this problem? Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Thanks- I'm not sure how to fix this problem however I think you should try re uploading the whole template then see if it works.

      Delete
  4. Amazing post. Well done! Keep going

    Please check my last post blog www.welovefur.com
    Many kisses
    Lady Fur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D will make sure to check out your blog.

      Delete

Thank you so much for the comments! I love hearing for you!